Arab & Middle East News
(ARABNEWSWIRE.COM, May 14, 2018 ) The global blood glucose test strips market was estimated at around USD 11,000 million. The market is expected to register a CAGR of about 6.5% during 2018-2023 (the forecast period). North America, followed by Asia-Pacific, accounts for the largest share in the blood glucose test strips market.
Major Players: ROCHE DIAGNOSTICS, LIFESCAN, BAYER HEALTHCARE, ABBOTT LABORATORIES, ARKRAY INC., ACON LABORATORIES, APEX BIOTECHNOLOGY CORPORATION, ASCENSIA DIABETES CARE, HMD BIOMEDICAL, B. BRAUN MELSUNGEN AG amongst others.
Get Sample Copy Of This Report at https://tinyurl.com/y6vswgb7
Convenience of CGM over Conventional Monitoring
Continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) provides a frequent and real-time feedback about glucose levels and retrospective 24-hrs glucose profiles. Incorporating CGM in the treatment of type 1 diabetes (T1D) has given potential advantages over conventional self-monitoring of blood glucose (SMBG). The real-time use of CGM results can equip people with T1D and parents of youths with T1D, to respond promptly and address glycemic excursions, minimizing, both, hyperglycemia and hypoglycemia. Retrospective use of CGM profiles can reveal recurring glycemic fluctuations that are not apparent with conventional SMBG, permitting regimen adjustments to stabilize glucose control. As CGM systems have become more widespread, the market for blood glucose test strip is likely to experience growth. Moreover, owing to the rising diabetic population and technological advancements, this market is expected to grow and combat diabetes.
High Cost Per Strip
Diabetes treatment requires constant monitoring of glucose levels. If blood glucose levels are not monitored regularly, it can lead to severe complications. Diabetes management process is an expensive service. At large scale, patients use blood glucose test strips. The retail cost of these strips varies from 50 cents per strip to as high as USD 5 per strip. Since, constant monitoring is necessary for diabetic patients, the cost often becomes a problem. Although various countries, like the United Kingdom, provide reimbursements for prescribed test strips, the majority patients have to pay for them from their pockets. The frequency of monitoring glucose levels depends on the type of diabetes and varies from patient to patient. For type 1 diabetes patients, at least four tests are advised per day. If the patient is using insulin injections, the count can go up to seven tests per day. Therefore, if a patient performs 5-6 tests in a day, the average expenditure on test strips would be over USD 180 each month. These expenses add to the already high diabetes management costs and are impeding the market growth.
North America to Dominate the Market Growth
North America accounted for the largest share of 56% of the global market, owing to the availability of healthcare reimbursements and the fastest adoption rate for new medical technologies. Europe is also the leading region in the global blood glucose test strips market. Asia-Pacific is the fastest growing region for blood glucose test strips market and portrays a huge potential for growth in the future, due to the increasing government initiatives to combat diabetes and corporate investments to streamline R&D in diabetes.
Key Developments in the Market
• January 2018: Ascensia Diabetes Care announced the expansion of its strategic alliance with Insulet Corporation, a leader in tubeless insulin pump technology, by signing a global commercial agreement. This expansion follows the worldwide non-exclusive development agreement that Ascensia announced in June 2017, to connect its CONTOUR®NEXT ONE blood glucose monitoring system (BGMS) with Insulet's next-generation Omnipod System (Omnipod DASH™).
Reasons to Purchase this Report
• Current and future the blood glucose test strips market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
• Analyzing various market perspectives, with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
• The segment that is expected to dominate the market
• The regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period
• The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
• 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
Browse Full Report with TOC: https://tinyurl.com/y6vswgb7
Customization of the Report
• This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our analyst, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
Orbis Research (orbisresearch.com) is a single point aid for all your market research requirements. We have vast database of reports from the leading publishers and authors across the globe. We specialize in delivering customized reports as per the requirements of our clients. We have complete information about our publishers and hence are sure about the accuracy of the industries and verticals of their specialization. This helps our clients to map their needs and we produce the perfect required market research study for our clients.
+1 (214) 884-6817